The Publications Board is chartered by the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents to govern student media at OU. It is the supervisor of the editor of OU Daily, and it advises Student Media on all its operations. The board is drawn from different constituencies within the OU community. Professional members serve three-year terms, and students serve for one academic year.
Publications Board charter
The Charter Governing Student Publications at OU is our governing document. It describes the relationship between the OU regents, the Publications Board and the staffs of OU Daily and OU Student Media.
Voting members of the Publications Board
- Ginnie Graham, editorials editor of the Tulsa World, representing OU Student Media alumni (term through July 2023).
- Rachel Moore, scholarship coordinator, Division of Enrollment Management, representing Staff Senate (term through July 2023).
- Xavier Rhone, student representing OU’s vice presidents for student affairs and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Thomas Steele, associate professor and science & technology cataloger, University Libraries, representing Faculty Senate (term through July 2025).
- Melanie Wilderman, Ed.D., associate professor representing the faculty of Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communications (term through July 2024).
- Chris Firch, student representing Student Government Association.
- Alexia Aston, student representing OU Daily news staff.
- Jazz Wolfe, student representing OU Daily news staff.
- Erica O’Brien, student representing Student Media advertising and marketing staff.
- Crispin South, student representing OU President Joseph Harroz Jr.
- Dr. Geneva Murray, representing OU President Joseph Harroz Jr. from OU staff (term through July 2025).
- Mike Sherman, representing Oklahoma Press Association (term through July 2024).
Nonvoting, ex-officio members of the Publications Board
- Ed Kelley, dean of Gaylord College.
- Seth Prince, editorial adviser of OU Daily.
- Lynn Nguyen, advertising and marketing adviser for Student Media.
- Jillian Taylor, editor of OU Daily.
Publications Board meetings
The Publications Board meets at least six times each academic year. Its meetings are open to the public, and each meeting features a public-access period for individuals who’d like to address the board.
Meeting dates for 2022-23, all at 9:30 a.m. in Room 168 of Copeland Hall on the Norman campus:
- Sept. 23
- Oct. 21
- Nov. 18
- Dec. 9 (If needed)
- Feb. 17
- March 24 (editor elections)
- April 21
- May 5 (If needed)
- Sept. 25, 2020: agenda | minutes
- Oct. 16, 2020: agenda | minutes
- Nov. 20, 2020: agenda (meeting canceled)
- Feb. 19, 2021: agenda | meeting materials | minutes
- March 26, 2021: agenda | meeting materials | minutes
- April 23, 2021: agenda | meeting materials | minutes
- May 7, 2021: agenda | meeting materials | minutes
- Sept. 17, 2021: agenda | minutes
- Oct. 15, 2021: agenda | minutes
- Nov. 19, 2021: agenda | minutes
- Dec. 3, 2021: meeting canceled
- Feb. 18, 2022: agenda | minutes
- March 25, 2022: agenda | minutes
- April 15, 2022: agenda | minutes (pending approval)
- May 6, 2022: meeting canceled