The OU Daily has learned it is a finalist in at least seven categories of the College Media Association’s Pinnacle Awards for work done in the 2017-18 academic year.
On Monday the following categories were announced:
- Four-year college media outlet of the year. (Jesse Pound was editor in the fall and Kelli Stacy was editor in the spring. The Daily won this honor last year.)
- Four-year website of the year for our main site, OUDaily.com.
- Newspaper front page for the Boren retirement edition.
Last week, the following categories were announced:
- Social media presence for the “OU in about 60 seconds” video series pioneered by Will Conover.
- Online sports section for OUDaily.com/sports, which was edited last fall by Kelli Stacy and last spring by George Stoia.
- Sports feature for ‘She can do anything’ by Kelli Stacy.
- Sports multimedia story for ‘HEI6MAN EVOLUTION’ by Joe Buettner.
The Pinnacles honor the best college media organizations and individual work. Winners will be named at the ACP/CMA Fall National Media Convention held Oct. 25-28 in Louisville.