Student Media’s advertising department, known as OU Ad Force and led by philosophy senior Brianica Steenbock, won six honors last week at the College Media Business and Advertising Managers conference in Kansas City, Missouri.
The six honors are the most OU’s ad department has won in a single year in CMBAM records dating to 2004. In 2014, Ad Force took home five awards.
The honored categories for the 2017 calendar year were:
- Self-promotion print ad campaign, first place
- Digital sales increase, second place
- Online self-promotions ad, second place
- Back-to-school/orientation issue, third place
- Quarter page or smaller color display ad, third place
- Sales strategy for a special section, honorable mention
Additionally, Ad Force adviser Heather Howard was named the secretary/treasurer of CMBAMs executive board.